Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reflections

Stitching
I have stitched for a long time and I think I have figured it out. For me it is the journey. Yes, I like to finish things, but most things that I stitch are large and take a long time to finish. I never work on just one thing- short attention span? Early in 2006- January 21st to be exact I discovered Heaven and Earth Designs at my LNS. What a delight, they suit me perfectly. I love to stitch over one with one strand and these charts were designed for that- no more compromises and alterations to stitch how I want to stitch. I continue to be enchanted with my original chart, Angel by Sanderson, and have added many more charts to my stash. With 4 others started and a new start in the New Year they continue to hold my attention.
Me
At 52 I like my life. I am basically a loner BUT not lonely. I met the love of my life in university and when he passed away suddenly and way to young 15 years ago I spent my time working and with my children. There is no desire to have another significant other in my life. My children are adults now. At 22 my daughter has a career as a nurse at a childrens rehab hospital and my son at 19 is still deciding what to do with his life.

3 comments:

fudgey said...

{{{{hugs}}}} welcome journey girl..
i too love the journey, the product is not that big a deal.. yes it is lovely to see a finished piece and it is satisfying , but my true joy comes from sitting and sttiching....

Terri in Ajax said...

I think I need your ballerina those hands are my daughter's trying to get me out!

Mel in Dubai said...

I'm a journey girl too :)