Sunday, March 04, 2007

Thinking about Charts

Fudgey's comment about Gustafson made me think about charts and the differences in what you can see. I currently have 1 Gustafson, 1 Ravenscroft, 1 Sanderson and 3 Tates in my rotation and there really are differences. When I work on Wizard of Oz there is often only one or two things that you can really identify when you look at a page of the chart, Angel is better because you can at least see the outline of some areas and Mask and all of the Tates have easily identifiable things like wings, eyes and flowers. It sometimes makes for interesting stitching since you are using colours that often don't seem to make sense then boom out pops all of the features on the page. It is such a delightful experience when I can sit back and do a WOW there's the boys head or the ribbons on Angel. I think that is why I keep stitching and why my HAED's continue to scream so much louder than my non-HAED's.

1 comment:

fudgey said...

what you say is so very true..
currently i am stitching charts where the pictures are obvious, except love notes where you need to sit back and say.. oh wow.. look there is the nose!!
and she has been my breath of fresh air..
variety is the spice of life, and it is why i defend the right of people to like tates on the same level as gustafsons as we are all looking for different stitching experiences and to say one is better than the other is wrong , they are all good and all worthy of charting as everyone wants/likes/needs something different in their personal stitching world..