Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Good Day

Yesterday my daughter Lindsey and I went out. Although the weather was not nearly as good as they were originally calling for- we work around her schedule as a nurse working two part time jobs, a common occurence in Ontario.

Our first stop was at Rona Home and Decor to look for paint for her old room here. We found a pinky mauve and a darker raspberry that are going to look wonderful together (I hope at least). Now I just have to get the room ready for painting, and hopefully painting in the next couple of weeks.

Our second stop was Queen St in the Beach. We parked and started our walk. Lots of interesting little stores with all kinds of things and delightfully no major chain stores with all the same stuff. My main mission was to find the tea shop that sells all kinds of flavoured teas. You have to understand I am a major coffee drinker with decided preferences- for all those Canadians- it has to be Tim Hortons. I buy it whenever I am out and have their ground coffee at home. I do NOT like flavoured coffee; but I like flavoured teas. And like my coffee I am very particular about tea as well. I dislike teabags and like loose tea and it is hard to find anywhere close to home. My internet search turned up a few in Toronto and the Beach was the most interesting shopping area. Well I found the tea shop and the ladies there were very friendly and could not believe I had come all this way for tea- it was only a 30 minute drive so in my mind no big deal. Anyway we spent some time looking and smelling the teas and I ended buying several. . I ahve tried some of them and they are delicious.

So all and all it was a good day!

1 comment:

Thutmosis said...

I'm American, and a wonderful Canadian friend brought me Tim Hortons Coffee once....it is wonderful!!!

I prefer loose leaf tea too...I order my tea online from adagio.com. they are a tea company that imports a huge slection of teas from all over the world. Excellent service too.