Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stitching amd Commitments

I need to start by saying my 'children' are 22 and 19! Last Christmas when we were opening our stockings it was noticed that our stockings are starting to fall apart. I made my stocking (and one each for my Mom and Dad) when I was a teenager.. so many years ago. When my daughter was born I made one for her and then when my son was born I re-did my Dad's, who had passed away for my son. So needless to say the youngest stocking is 22 years old. They are beginning to show their age. I infamously suggested at that time that I could make everyone, now including my daughter's significant other new stockings. This has now come back to bite me. I was shopping with her this weekend and she brought up the fact that I suggested I would make new ones. So until this is done the only stitching I will commit to is finishing my RR. I have purchased all the supplies I need for this and will make a start tomorrow. The one good thing about this is it will give me time to select my missing pinks!

1 comment:

Arthemise said...

At least you know they appreciate your work! Good luck, and I can't wait to see the stockings.