Thursday, October 19, 2006

How does the mind work

I was reading Fudgey's blog and Dave's blog, then had a conversation with someone about how big a box was. It pointed out that my mind is a little flakey. I grew up during the period when Canada converted from imperial to metric measures and apparently my mind cannot decide which one to use. I think of myself in feet, inches and pounds but ask me how far away a place is and I answer in kilometers. I think of potatoes in pounds but meat in kilograms. Temperature is definitely celsius and speed km/hr.

Oh well it is just one of those things

2 comments:

fudgey said...

I was born during the era of metric conversion in Australia.. 1966 and i also have issues with the whole thing..
i think in metres and kilometres, dollars and cents, food is isn grams and kilograms, but
body weight is in lb's, calories not kilojoules, and small measurements are nearly always in inches.. though i think that is cos most stitching stuff etc comes from the USA
so you are not alone

Terri in Ajax said...

The stitching part is oh so true- definitely fabric count in inches